Friday 8 April 2016

More Winter of '79 thoughts

In between my commission work I've been pondering 20mm Winter of '79 stuff, here's where we are, buildings wise I think I'll use Metcalfe, Scalescenes and Skaledale, these are either card or pre painted so don't need much tarting up. The photo below shows the Metcalfe corner shop in redbrick, the only thing you really need to do is paint the external folds a suitable colour or you can see the white card on the external folds. easy to do and just takes 10-15 mins per building.
 
Vehicles are the excellent Oxford diecast, a local model shop was closing so I got a load for 30% off, 70s-80s vehicles including a "Professionals" Capri, a Tonibell Ice Cream van/VBIED and a Green Goddess to put the fires out.

A few more armed civilians knocked up mainly some old Hotspur, assisted by Liberation.
I've got a reasonable selection now, have to think of a leader and standard perhaps ? Dougie

8 comments:

  1. Great looking buildings perfect for the urban setting.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic, Dougie. I love the minis, a right proper gang of thugs.
    If I could only find a good source of WW2 British buildings and vehicles in 1/48 scale for my 28mm figs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest Michael that's what made 20mm an easier choice, loads of scenery and vehicles at cheap prices

      Delete
  3. Great work on the figures. I'm a big fan of those card building too. I'll keep an eye out for my own green goddess too.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, The Mk1 Transit is very useful to, may convert one to a mortar carrier ;)

      Delete
    2. I was going to use two models for mine. A panel sided van then when it has fired replace it with a resin pick up Tranist with the tube on the back, was planning to get it from Hobby Den.

      Cheers,

      Pete.

      Delete
  4. I have been looking for approx 20mm British Leyland cars ; maxi,allegro,marina,princess and the ''shark'' Rover 3500 . Not doing too well :-(

    ReplyDelete